Save Energy & Improve Efficiency
Power Factor Correction & Voltage Management Systems
"Wigan Youth Zone Impact Report"
EnergyAce is a proud patron of the Wigan Youth Zone.
The Wigan Youth Zone which opened in 2013 continues to do great work for the young people of Wigan, even during these trying times. Their most recent impact document shows the most significant outcomes for young people from their time at the Wigan Youth Zone since its opening day right up until the last 3 months of lockdown where it has had to adjust to meet the restrictions put in place.
In their latest message the Youth Zone said “It gives me great pleasure in sharing our most recent impact document, which captures the significant outcomes for young people as a result of their engagement with Wigan Youth Zone from day one of our opening right through to the past three months of lockdown. I hope you will find it as impressive as we do.”
- 24,767 individual members making 545,442 visits.
- 74.5% of members identified a reduction in isolation.
- 82% of members have more friends.
- 86.5% of members feel more self-confident.
- 75% of members consider themselves to be healthier.
- 80% of members feel happier about their lives.
- There has been an increase from 60% to 72.5% of members doing exercise 2 or more days a week.
- 60% of members work harder at school.
- 81% of members said staff and volunteers encouraged them to prepare for the future.
The Wigan Youth Zone opened its “Virtual Youth Zone” within 72 hours of the coronavirus lockdown being announced, to provide open access for members and their families 7 days a week. The results can be seen in the image below.
The Wigan Youth Zone is now working hard to get the Youth Zone back open for face to face delivery for those that need it the most. “The team have been working very hard behind the scenes to make sure that we are able to open for face to face delivery with our members that need our support the most as soon as we are able to. From today we will be recommencing our Outreach provision by deploying our youth workers to the areas of most need and, all being well and subject to government guidance, we will be opening our doors for limited face to face delivery at the Youth Zone from Monday 13th July.”
Please click here to read the full Wigan Youth Zone impact report to see the impact of the great work that they do.
Please also visit https://www.wiganyouthzone.org/ to see how you can be involved.